|Aims and Objectives|
To enhance the capability of the Council as a premier institution for research in Ayurvedic Sciences and to forge strategic alliances with similar establishments and constantly strive for excellence in basic and applied knowledge for efficient understanding of the cause and prevention of human diseases and their management.
The objectives for which the Central Council is established are:
- The formulation of aims and patterns of research on scientific lines in Ayurvedic Sciences.
- To undertake any research or other programmes in Ayurvedic Sciences.
- The prosecution of and assistance in research, the propagation of knowledge and experimental measures generally in connection with the causation, mode of spread and prevention of diseases.
- To initiate, aid, develop and coordinate scientific research in different aspects, fundamental and applied of Ayurvedic Sciences and to promote and assist institutions of research for the study of diseases, their prevention, causation and remedy.
- To finance enquiries and researches for the furtherance of objects of the Central Council.
- To exchange information with other institutions, associations and societies interested in the objects similar to those of the Central Council and especially in observation and study of diseases in East and in India in particular.
- To prepare, print, publish and exhibit any papers, posters, pamphlets, periodicals and books for furtherance of the objects of the Central Council and contribute to such literature.
- To issue appeals and make applications for money and funds in furtherance of the objects of the Central Council and to accept for the aforesaid purpose gifts, donations and subscriptions of cash and securities and of any property whether movable or immovable.
- To borrow or raise monies with or without security or on security mortgage charge, hypothecation or pledge of all or any of the immovable or movable properties belonging to the Central Council or in any other manner whatsoever.
- To invest and deal with the funds and monies of the Central Council or entrusted to the Central Council not immediately required in such manner as may from time to time be determined by the Governing Body of the Central Council.
- To permit the funds of the Central Council to be held by the Government of India.
- To acquire and hold, whether temporarily or permanently any movable or immovable property necessary or convenient for the furtherance of the objects of the Central Council.
- To sell, lease, mortgage and exchange, and otherwise transfer any of the properties movable or immovable of the Central Council provided prior approval of the Central Government is obtained for the transfer of immovable property.
- To purchase, construct, maintain and alter any buildings or works necessary or convenient for the purpose of the Central Council.
- To undertake and accept the management of any endowment or trust fund for donation, the undertaking or acceptance whereof may seem desirable.
- To offer prizes and grant of scholarships, including travelling scholarships in furtherance of the objects of the Central Council.
- To create administrative, technical and ministerial and other posts under the Society and to make appointments thereto in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Society.
- To establish a provident fund and/or pension fund for the benefit of the Central Council's employees and/or their family members.
- To do all such other lawful things either alone or in conjunction with others as the Central Council may consider necessary or as being incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
- To undertake R & D Consultancy projects and transfer of patents on drugs and process to industry.
- To undertake R & D projects sponsored by industries in public/private sector.
- To undertake international and interagency collaboration.
- Utilization of results of research conducted and payment of share of royalties/consultancy fees to those who has contributed towards pursuit of such research.
- To enter into arrangements with scientific agencies of other countries for exchange of scientists, study tours, training in specialized areas, conducting joint projects etc.
- To provide technical assistance to Govt./Private agencies in matters consistent with the activities of the Council.
- To assist Medicinal Plants Board, Government of India in achieving its objectives.
- To constitute small Management Committees consisting of eminent Scientists/Physicians of local areas to monitor the R & D activities and suggest remedial measures for the improvement of activities of all Central as well as Research Institutes of the Council.