This institute was established in the Podar Medical campus, Worli, Mumbai in 1986 as Raja Ramdeo Anandilal Podar Central Research Institute (Ay) by merging nine units of CCRAS functioning at different places in Mumbai and Pune. This institute has been maintaining its status as ‘Central Research Institute for Ayurveda’ in the region and undergoing continuous process of upgradation. This institute has been renamed as "Raja Ramdeo Anandilal Podar Central Ayurveda Research Institute for Cancer", Mumbai. (RRAP CARIC, Mumbai) (Vide Council's Notification No. F. 12-30/2009-CCRAS/Estt./Pt.I/117 Dated 12.04.2016). It has further been renamed as Raja Ramdeo Anandilal Podar (RRAP) Central Ayurveda Research Institute, Mumbai with reference to the Letter vide. F.No.12-39/2015-CCRAS/Estt.4788, on 22nd Dec 2020.
Clinical Research on lifestyle related and Non-communicable disorders focusing on Cancer.
· OPD- every day (8.00 am to 12.30pm) except second Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
· IPD- 25 beds
· Special clinic for Cancer
· Special clinic for Preventive Oncology
· Special clinics for Ksharasutra and Ano-rectal diseases
· Special clinics for Geriatric Health Care
· Special facility for Panchakarma
· Special facility for Physiotherapy
· Swasthya Rakshan Programme
· Ayurveda Mobile Health Care Programme under SCSP
· Well-equipped laboratory and ECG
· Reference Library
- Since inception 3,19,304 patients availed the OPD services, 4921 patients were treated in IPD; 2,21,178 Panchakarma procedures were carried out on the OPD and IPD patients, 23,030 patients availed ksharasutra treatment till date at this institute.
- Completed various clinical projects on Rheumatoid Arthritis, Madhumeha, Balakasa, Bhagandara etc.
- Successfully completed ‘National Campaign Programme’ for 13 diseases in Maharashtra.
- Successfully conducted ‘Anaemia Control Programme through Ayurveda’ using Dhatri Loha in seven districts of Maharashtra.
- Five Clinical research projects on Arsha, Osteoporosis and Ageing under CCRAS ‘Intra Mural Research’ project scheme has completed during 2011-16.
- Published various general articles and research articles in national and international journals and periodicals.
- Held Workshops on cancer, Meetings for cancer patients and awareness programmes on cancer for general public.
- Conducted many outreach free Medical Camps in and around the Mumbai.
- Participated in many Arogya Fair, Expo, and Mela as directed by CCRAS Hq.
Raja Ramdeo Anandilal Podar Central Ayurveda Research Institute (under CCRAS, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India)
Podar Medical Campus, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai-400018, Maharashtra, India