Regional Ayurveda Research Institute for Drug Development (RARIDD), Gwalior established in the year 1971, is engaged in research with the focused mandate 1. Human Resource Development Activities and 2. Ayurveda Drug Development. The out-patient department of the Institute caters the primary health needs of the patients reporting for different illnesses, out of which the patients are registered for research programs allocated from time to time. The Institute is equipped with 25 bedded In-patient Department, a well equipped laboratory for biochemical and pathological investigations. The Institute has Medico-ethno-botanical survey section to carry out the survey of medicinally important plants of Madhya Pradesh state and Herbarium and Museum section along with Pharmacognosy Laboratory. Chemistry Division is available for carrying out drug standardisation work while well equipped pharmacology laboratory carries out safety/toxicity and efficacy studies of Ayurvedic drugs. The Institute has mini-pharmacy for pilot scale formulation, well equipped Panchkarma facility and a Library facility. The Institute runs Tribal Health Care Research Programme (THCRP) to cater the needs of the various tribes residing in the tribal pockets of Gwalior-Chambal region.
Research and Development actiivites w.r.t. Ayurveda Drug Development.
Activities and Achievements:-
· Clinical Research: The Institute has taken up clinical studies on Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis, Hempiplegia, Paraplegia, Sciatica, Poliomyelitis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Hypertension, Grahani, Arsha under various research projects. The outcome of the some of the studies has been published and others are underway for publication.
· Chemistry Division has developed the laboratory facility for standardisation and phytochemical studies on Ayurvedic formulation/medicinal plants.
· Chemistry division has completed chemical studies on Triphala churna.
· Pharmacology Division has developed the laboratory facility for Safety/Toxicity study on Ayurvedic formulation and their efficacy evaluation along with Animal house facility.
· Pharmacology division has completed toxicity/safety studies and biological activities on C1 oil, AYUSH D and AJ Bhasma.
Research Projects undergoing
· Under clinical research, IMR projects on clinical evaluation of various Ayurvedic drugs as clinical trials are going on viz. Gokshuradi guggulu and guduchi churna in management of type II diabetes mellitus, AYUSH A in management of mild bronchial asthma, Panchtikta guggulu ghrita and brihanmarichyadi taila in management of psoriasis, Kushamandha rasayana in management of chronic bronchitis.
· Swasthya Raksha Programme.
· Ayurvedic Mobile Health Care Program under Scheduled cast sub plan (SCSP).
· In Chemistry division, the IMR research projects on comparative phytochemical studies on underground part vs aerial parts of some Ayurvedic medicinal plants are going on.
· In Pharmacology division, the IMR research projects on antilithiatic activity of Gokshuradi Guggulu and antiarthritic activity of laghu vishagarbha Taila are going on.
· National Workshop on Establishment of AYUSH Research Training Institute and Laboratories at Central Research Institute (Ayurveda), Aamkho, Gwalior was successfully organised in August 2006.
· State and District Level Campaigns on Anemia, Mother and Child Healthcare and Geriatric Diseases were successfully organised conducted in the year 2009-10 in Gwalior and other seven districts of Madhya Pradesh.
· National Seminar on Quality, Safety and Efficacy of Ayurvedic Drugs, organized by National Research Institute for Ayurveda-Siddha Human Resource, Gwalior was successfully organised in Sept 2013.
Research Publications: Since inception, about 100 research papers have been published in various national and international journals by various Scientists of the Institute. The Institute has prepared monographs on medicinal plants of Bundelkhand.
Dr. Ankush D. Jadhav,
Phone No. 0751-2323307, 2432698 (direct)
Fax. No. 0751-2430317
Mob. No. 8085724449